The most important part of goal-setting is figuring out what you want to achieve. Once you know your goal, you can begin to develop a plan to make it happen. But where do you start? One of the best ways to get started is to use goal-setting worksheets. These worksheets will help you clarify your goals and develop a plan to achieve them. There are a variety of different goal-setting worksheets available online and in stores. However, not all worksheets are created equal. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a goal-setting worksheet:
1. Make sure the worksheet is specific to your goal. There are many general goal-setting worksheets available, but it is important to find one that is specific to your goal. This will help you stay focused on your goal and develop a plan that is tailored to achieving it.
2. Look for a worksheet that includes space for you to track your progress. A goal-setting worksheet is not much use if you cannot track your progress. Make sure the worksheet you choose includes space for you to record your starting point, your current status, and your goal.
3. Choose a worksheet that is easy to use. Some goal-setting worksheets can be very complicated. If you are not sure how to use the worksheet, it will be more difficult for you to stay on track. Choose a worksheet that is simple and easy to understand.
4. Make sure the worksheet is flexible. Your goal may change over time, so you will need a goal-setting worksheet that is flexible enough to accommodate changes.
5. Find a worksheet that is motivational. A goal-setting worksheet should be motivating, not discouraging. Make sure the worksheet you choose includes positive reinforcement and motivation.
Once you have found the right goal-setting worksheet, you can begin to develop your plan. Be sure to set a goal that is realistic and achievable, and develop a detailed plan to help you reach your goal. With a little effort and planning, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Use goal-setting worksheets to help you reach your dreams.
Benefits of Goal-setting
The process of setting goals has many benefits that can help you in every area of your life. Some benefits of goal-setting are:
- Goals give you something to aim for.
- Goals help you focus your attention and energy on what you want to achieve.
- Goals motivate you to take action.
- Goals help you measure your progress.
- Goals give you a sense of accomplishment when you reach them.
- Goals help you set your priorities.
- Goals help you stay on track.
- Goals can help you overcome obstacles.
- Goals can help you stay motivated.
- Goals can give you a sense of purpose.
If you’re not currently setting goals, or if you’re not seeing the results you want from your goals, then it’s time to re-evaluate your goals and make sure they’re working for you. Here are some tips on setting effective goals:
- Be specific: Make sure your goals are clear and specific. The more specific a goal is, the easier it will be to measure your progress and determine whether you’ve achieved it.
- Make them measurable: To track your progress and stay motivated, you need to be able to measure your goals. Make sure your goals are quantifiable so you can keep track of your progress.
- Set a deadline: A goal without a deadline is just a wish. Make sure your goals have a timeline so you can stay on track and achieve them.
- Make them achievable: Make sure your goals are realistic and achievable. If your goals are too ambitious, you’re likely to get discouraged and give up.
- Write them down: Research has shown that people who write down their goals are more likely to achieve them. Writing your goals down makes them more “real” and gives you a tangible way to track your progress.
- Share them with others: Sharing your goals with friends, family, or a coach can help you stay accountable and on track. When you share your goals with others, you’re more likely to achieve them.
- Take action: The most important thing you can do to achieve your goals is to take action. Without taking action, your goals are just wishes. Make a plan and take action steps towards your goals to make them a reality.
- Be flexible: Be prepared to adjust your goals as you go. As you achieve some of your goals, you may find that others are no longer relevant or that you need to readjust your timeline. Be flexible and be willing to change your goals as needed.
- Celebrate your progress: Achieving goals is a process, so celebrate your progress along the way. Celebrating your milestones will help you stay motivated and focused on your goals.
- Keep going: Don’t give up on your goals just because you hit a snag. Obstacles are a part of the journey to achieving your goals. Learn from your setbacks and keep moving towards your goal.
If you’re looking for some help getting started with goal-setting, there are a few goal-setting worksheets and guides that can be helpful. The UNSTOPPABLE Goals Kit contains all the necessary items to turn your dreams into reality. It includes the UNSTOPPABLE Vision Board, UNSTOPPABLE Journal, UNSTOPPABLE Goals of the Week, UNSTOPPABLE Daily Action Cards, and the UNSTOPPABLE Action Card Box.
Use goals-of-the-week cards to keep your focus on taking daily action to make your dream reality. Here’s how you do that:
Step 1: The night before your week begins date and document the GOALS you must accomplish in the week ahead—be as SPECIFIC as possible.
Step 2: Place the GOALS of the Week where you see them often (if necessary, place them in multiple locations)
Step 3: Throughout the day ask yourself this question: “Will my next action help me get closer to achieving my goal?”
Use daily action cards to break down your goals into steps that you can complete in a single day. Instructions:
Step 1: Fill out your daily action card the night before
Step 2: Commit to completing your GOALS first (if you get stuck on a goal, take a break and complete a task)
Step 3: Take notes of lessons learned, actions, and attitudes.
SAVE YOUR CARDS—they represent progress, which fuels your forward momentum toward achieving goals!
NOTE: IF you cannot complete a goal in a day then divide it into smaller goals until you can complete a portion of your goal in a day.
Daily Goal-setting Actions
The single most important habit to form is committing to and taking daily action. No matter how small the action, what you do in taking daily action is establish a new pattern of behavior. This creates new circuits in the brain that will eventually become automatic as we leverage our basic desire for routine. Consistency is a habit that’s not reserved for just part-time use. The path to Be Unstoppable is paved with daily action toward your goal.
In addition to the UNSTOPPABLE Goals Kit, check out our Resources and Courses pages for more information on shifting your mindset and reaching your full potential. And don’t forget to sign up for our free monthly newsletter to get regular tips, inspiration, and advice delivered straight to your inbox.